This week’s Open Pen Post is not a critique. It is an assortment of amazing blog posts about writing from you guys! Last week, I asked you guys to post two links in the comments: a link to a posts about writing from one of your favorite blogs and a link to a post about writing from your own blog. Though only a couple of you commented, the posts that you guys linked to were fantastic!
Here are the links:
- Fun with Rejection Letters: Encouragement and humor for us, writers!
- A Description about a Certain Character type: Who doesn’t love the likable, background character? Writefury explores how to create this character in a bit more depth.
- Viewing Your Story as a Form of Art: This is a really awesome post about how to write good Christian fiction, and I would recommended look around on this website, too
- Living vs. Dying and How it Relates to Us Writers: Again, this is another fantastic post about how we should write about depression and hope. This is the truth!
- Why do we Really Call Writing Hard? Katie has a fun writing blog, and this is a great post if you need encouragement and sympathy from a fellow writer.
- Doing Defines You:Using Relationships to Reveal Your Characters. This is a great post about another method to reveal character in your novels, and Gemma mentions Boromir several times– I cannot help but approve!
- The Father’s Sons: This is a rewrite of the biblical story of the Prodigal Son. Unfortunately, I did not get to read it this week– I have been really busy, but I am sure that anything that Rachel writes will be good (and I will be reading it when I return from hunting.)
- Best Friends at Last: This is the last chapter of a novel that Rachel personally recommended to us. Again, I did not get around to reading it, but Raychel said that it was really sweet! I think we should take her word for it and go read it ourselves. 😉
Aren’t those fantastic posts? Seriously, you should all check them out (and don’t worry Rachel, I will get around to reading your links soon!)
I think we should do this again, but what do you guys think? I really enjoyed reading your posts, and I found some cool new blogs while I was at it. Should we come up with a name for these types of Open Pen posts? I would love your help!
On an unrelated note: unfortunately, I did not have time to write several blog posts in advance for this next week. As some of you guys know, I will be up hunting with no internet. So I will not be posting at all, until next Monday (not the 19th but the 26th). When I come back, I hope to have a couple of posts (including a writing tip that I am really excited about sharing), and I may be making a few tweaks to my blog!
I hope you all have an excellent week!